The 4th ASSEMBLE call to apply for access to marine infrastructure is now open
Added on 2010-12-21 09:44:45 by Hjelm, Ulrika
ASSEMBLE is an EU FP7 research infrastructure project comprising a network of marine research stations, as listed below. We offer on-site and remote access for European research groups to conduct marine research projects.
• Deadline Feb 15, 2011
• For on-site access projects taking place between June and November 2011 (remote access can be applied for all year around).
• Support cover travel and up to an overall total of 60 person days of accommodation and infrastructure usage for up to 3 users. For IUI (Eilat) such support is limited to 1 or 2 users for up to 30 person days per user.
• Only European user groups (=user group leader and majority of the users working in Member States or Associated States) can apply and only to ASSEMBLE sites outside their own country.
• Applicants working outside Europe (EU Member states and Associated states) can be funded if not being the main applicant and if in minority (less than 50%) of the user group applying for the access project.
• New users and users from outside the ASSEMBLE network are prioritized as are users moving from a non-marine area into the marine field.
• Projects cannot be led by scientists working at the infrastructure site applied to and cannot not be part of local projects. Proposed projects that to some extent include local scientists are welcome but will have lower priority than independent projects.
• Projects using local ecosystems, species or models will have a higher priority than projects bringing their own (marine only) samples.
Sven Lovén Centre for Marine Sciences, Kristineberg & Tjärnö, Sweden
Dunstaffnage Marine Laboratory, Oban, UK
Station Biologique de Roscoff, France
Observatoire Océanologique de Banyuls, France
Stazione Zoologica Anton Dohrn, Naples, Italy
The Algarve Marine Sciences Centre, Faro, Portugal
Interuniversity Institute for Marine Sciences in Eilat, Israel
Estación Costera de Investigaciones Marinas, Las Cruces, Chile
For more information and to apply: www.assemblemarine.org.
Please forward to interested colleagues and sorry for any cross-posting.
Best regards, Ulrika
Ulrika Hjelm, PhD
University of Gothenburg
The Sven Lovén Centre for Marine Sciences - Kristineberg
S-450 34 Fiskebäckskil
Phone: ++46 (0) 523 18507 (new office!)
Fax: ++46 (0) 523 18502
ASSEMBLE - access to marine infrastructure